|Publication date||April 24, 2012|
|Published by||Del Rey Books|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
Druid Atticus O'Sullivan hasn’t stayed alive for more than two millennia without a fair bit of Celtic cunning. So when vengeful thunder gods come Norse by Southwest looking for payback, Atticus, with a little help from the Navajo trickster god Coyote, lets them think that they’ve chopped up his body in the Arizona desert.
But the mischievous Coyote is not above a little sleight of paw, and Atticus soon finds that he’s been duped into battling bloodthirsty Navajo shape-shifters called "skinwalkers". Just when the Druid thinks he’s got a handle on all the duplicity, betrayal comes from an unlikely source. If Atticus survives this time, he vows he won’t be fooled again. Famous last words.
- Atticus O'Sullivan: The last of the Druids.
- Oberon: Atticus' Irish Wolfhound; he can communicate telepathically with Atticus.
- The Morrigan: Celtic Goddess of War & Chooser of the Slain.
- Hallbjörn “Hal” Hauk: Atticus’ daytime lawyer who is also a werewolf.
- Leif Helgarson: Atticus' nighttime lawyer who is also a vampire.
- Granuaile: Bartender at Rúla Búla who is possessed by an Indian witch.
- Coyote: Navajo Trickster god.
- Frank Chischilly: Hataali, Navajo medicine man.
- Sophie Betsuie: Head engineer for Navajo construction project.
- Hel: Norse Goddess of Death, ruler of Niflheim; daughter of Loki.